Curriculum VitaeCan be downloaded here
Short bioI am currently Full Professor at the University of Milano. I received my Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Padova in 2002, and worked there until 2017, as a postdoctoral researcher, Assistant Professor, and Associate Professor. My main research interests are in Sound and Music Computing (SMC), and mainly concern algorithms for sound synthesis and processing, non-speech sound in human-computer interfaces, multimodal interaction. I have been key researcher and principal investigator in several national and international research projects, have authored about 200 publications on peer-reviewed international journals and conferences, have chaired and served in several program and editorial committees. I have been Associate Editor for the international journal Acta Acustica (2014-201), and I am a member of the Editorial Board of Milano University Press. I am currently Conference Coordinator in the International SMC Board, and President of the Italian Music Informatics Association.
- 2021→ : Full Professor (S.S.D. INF/01), University of Milano, Dept. of Computer Science.
- 2018→2021 : Associate Professor (S.S.D. INF/01), University of Milano, Dept. of Computer Science.
- 2015→2017: Associate Professor (S.S.D. ING-INF/05), University of Padova, Dept. of Information Engineering.
- 2005→2015: Assistant Professor (S.S.D. ING-INF/05), University of Padova, Dept. of Information Engineering.
- 2004: Consultant for GeneralMusic SpA.
- 2002→2004: Post-doc Researcher, University of Padova, Dept. of Information Engineering (project: Source Models for Sound Synthesis in multimedia environments).
- 2002: Project Coordinator for Venice Research Consortium (project: Redesign of the high-tide acoustic alert systems in the city of Venice)
- 2001: Visiting Researcher, Helsinki University of Technology (now Aalto University), Laboratory of Acoustics and Sound Signal Processing (project: Sound Source Modeling, funded by the Academy of Finland).
- 2001: PhD in Information Engineering, Dept. of Information Engineering, University of Padova. Supervisor: Prof. Giovanni De Poli. Title: Computational issues in Physically-Based Sound Models. Thesis defended on February 8, 2002.
- 1997: Laurea (Master of Science) in Physics, University of Milano. Supervisor: Prof. Dario Bambusi, Dept. of Mathematics. Coadvisors: Prof. Antonio Giorgilli, Prof. Luigi Galgani, Dept. of Mathematics. Marks: 110/110 cum laude.
- 1995: Degree in piano performance, Milano Conservatory of Music, Italy. Supervisor: M.stro Sergio Lattes. Marks: 8.50/10.
Phone: +39 02 503 16207
Dipartimento di Informatica, Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Celoria 18, 20133 Milano, ITALY